The department's highly trained staff of sworn police officers and civilian members strives to provide quality service, and works to promote public safety for the residents and visitors of our community. The police department is well-equipped with high-technology tools for efficient and effective delivery of services.
Citizens are encouraged to call 911 whenever they see suspicious persons or vehicles and whenever they have knowledge of crimes in our community. Our officers are dispatched around the clock by the Monroe County Emergency Communications Department. If someone outside of Monroe County needs to contact the Brighton Police Department for immediate assistance for someone in Brighton, the Monroe County ECD can be reached at (585) 428-6666.
View the latest Brighton Police Department
View the recent Brighton Police Blotter here
- How do I get emergency help to someone in Brighton if I'm calling from outside Monroe County?
- How do I deal with annoying phone calls?
- How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
- The people to notify in an emergency at my business have changed. How do I notify the Police Department?
- When must child restraint seats be used?